Creating a website and expecting it to be automatically found by your target audience without doing any additional work isn’t realistic. Think about it: These days, nearly all businesses have websites. Many of them also have blogs. If you haven’t started a blog for your business, you’re missing out on a great opportunity to increase your online visibility and to enjoy many other advantages. For small investments of time and effort, you can enjoy some truly incredible returns. Five reasons to start a blog for your business include:
1. Give Your Business a Personality – The last thing you want is for your business to be another nameless, faceless presence on the Internet. There are already plenty of those, and they tend to be ignored by just about everyone. With a blog, you can cultivate a unique voice for your business and give visitors an idea about what they can expect when dealing with your company. A well-written, informative, interesting blog can also make your business more approachable.
2. Build Trust – You can’t expect the people who stumble upon your website to instantly feel comfortable with buying things from your company. They have all kinds of options, and they’re going to choose businesses that have proven themselves to be authorities in their industries. Through your blog, you can demonstrate your knowledge and expertise to the world at large. It’s the perfect way to express your opinion and to gain credibility in the eyes of your target audience. By establishing trust, you dramatically increase the odds that visitors will ultimately become customers.
3. Improve Your Ranking with the Search Engines – By now, you’ve probably read a lot about how to boost your site’s ranking with the major search engines. All search engines put a top priority on fresh, unique content. If anything, well-written content is more important than ever. What better way to share it than with a blog? By creating an editorial calendar and regularly posting new blogs, you can quickly and easily increase your website’s visibility on the major search engines and attract more visitors.
4. Have Fresh Content to Share on Social Media – There’s nothing wrong with sharing relevant content from around the Internet on your company’s social media profiles. However, you should make a point of mixing in some of your own content too. When you have a blog, that’s easy to do. There are tools you can use to instantly share new blog posts on all of the most popular social media sites. Your followers will be alerted whenever you post a new blog, and you can even use your social media posts to generate buzz and start conversations.
5. Increase Traffic to Your Website – At the end of the day, you can’t hope to make more sales through your website without drawing in more traffic. There are many ways to increase traffic, of course, but a well-written, engaging, informative blog is among the best options. It’s worth it to pour a lot of time and effort into your blog posts to ensure that people actually want to read them. Over time, your blog will develop something of a following, and the amount of traffic that flows to your site will steadily increase. This will eventually lead to increased conversions, sales and success!
The idea of a blog may leave you cold, but the truth is that it can work wonders for the online fortunes of your business. Once you get into the habit, it will be like second nature. As soon as you start realising some of the best benefits of this strategy, you’ll wonder why you didn’t start sooner.
Latest posts by Nick Rink (see all)
- Smart Guide to Twitter Lists for Local Business - November 18, 2015
- How to verify your local business page on Facebook - November 4, 2015
- 2 Tips for Social Media Success - September 14, 2015
- Useful Social Media Features You Should Know - July 22, 2015
- Google Chat Button lets you Connect Direct with Local Consumers - February 26, 2015